The High Grade Universal Century (HGUC) RX-78-2 Gundam is a 1/144 scale kit released in 2001.
- RX-78-2 Gundam
- 2 Beam Sabers
- Beam Rifle
- Adapter piece for Bazooka
- Non-transformable Core Fighter
Kit Features & Gimmicks
- Shoulder parts can be pushed frontwards for slightly extra articulation.
- Chest joint can tilt from left or right if slightly pulled up.
- Beam Saber hilts can be optionally removed from the backpack as handheld weapons.
- Beam Rifle's foregrip & sensor can swing left and right.
- Bazooka can mount onto the rear waist armor via an Adapter.
- The Shield can attach onto the backpack.
Tips & Tricks
- For better results, most/some of the details are needed to be applied/panel-lined with Gundam Markers and/or Mr. Color paints.
- The Dengeki Hobby Magazine (July 2001 issue) exclusive Mechanism Sticker set for HGUC RX-78-2 Gundam decal sheet can be applied on this kit.
- Due to the kit possessing it's own unique Beam Saber parts (complete with slightly thick pegs), We recommend that you do not use the Beam Saber parts from the SB-6 & SB-13 runner, which can tighten the assembly between the hilt & the effect parts (or in a worst case scenario, the Beam Saber effect part's peg may break off from the hilt while attempting to remove it.).
- High Detail Manipulator 16 can be used for this kit.
- The HGUC Gundam (Anime Ver.) Conversion Parts garage kit can be used for this Gunpla to create an Anime-accurate HGUC Gundam.
- The Perfect Gundam Conversion Parts for HGUC Gundam garage kit can be used for this Gunpla to create an HGUC-styled Perfect Gundam.
- The Full Armor Gundam Conversion Kit for HGUC Gundam garage kit can be used for this Gunpla to create the MSV of Plamo Kyoshiro versions of Full Armor Gundam.
- The Red Warrior Conversion Kit for HGUC Gundam garage kit can be used for this Gunpla to create Red Warrior.
- The 1/144 WA-7 Shield for E.F.S.F. MS garage kit can be used for this Gunpla.
- The 1/144 Hyper Bazooka Ver. Ka. (2.0) garage kit can be used for this Gunpla.
- Later reissues includes the backpack (with latch joints) & the modified foot parts included in the G-Armor (RX-78-2 Gundam + G-Fighter) kit.
- The Gunpla is also released in the US under the "Skill Level 3 Model Kits" line with a different packaging. This release also omits the Hyper Bazooka and the Core Fighter accessories.
- HGUC G-Armor (RX-78-2 Gundam + G-Fighter)
- HGUC Gundam Operation V Set
- HGUC RX-78-3 Gundam + MS-09RS Rick Dom
- Gunpla Starter Set
- RX-78-2 Gundam (with Gunpla DVD Catalogue) - An unchanged release of the kit comes with a DVD containing a Gunpla catalog.
Exclusives (Event, Prizes etc)
- HGUC RX-78-3 G3 Gundam VS MSN-02 Zeong
- HGUC RX-78-2 Gundam (Red Ver.)
- HGUC RX-78-2 Gundam (Suntory Museum Clear Ver.)
- HGUC RX-78-2 Gundam (Gloss Injection Ver.)
- HGUC RX-78-2 Gundam + EX Model Trailer Truck (Extra Finish Ver.)
- HGUC RX-78-2 Gundam (Gunpla Expo Clear Ver.)
Notes & Trivia
- Several of the designs, including the stout arms and legs, had taken cues from the MG Gundam Ver. 1.5 kit.
- Vintage releases of the kit comes with a limited edition Gundam Weapons: HGUC RX-78-2 Gundam Special Book.
- There is a common problem for the first version of the kit: the backpack somehow does not hold the Beam Saber handles well.