This Gunpla is exclusively sold at events, bundled with Hobby Magazines, released as a campaign prize, a gift from the Advanced Tickets purchased from Japanese cinemas, or a Standard-release limited item.Also, take note that this kit can be highly sought by collectors due to it's rarity, fetching as much as over 10 times its original price one or many years later after it's initial release. NOTE: Rarity & Price of the Limited Gunpla merely varies.
The RX-78-2 Gundam (Ver.G30th) is a 1/144 Scale High Grade (HG) kit released by in 2009 to commemorate the 30th anniversary of Mobile Suit Gundam.
- RX-78-2 Gundam
- 1 pair of Beam Saber hilts
- Beam Rifle
- 1 Beam Saber (solid)
- 1 pair of fists
- Right trigger hand
- Adapter piece for Bazooka
- Gundam Hammer
Kit Features & Gimmicks
- Shoulder joints can be pushed frontwards for extra articulation.
- Hip joints can tilt upwards/downwards on each piece.
- Pelvis joint can rotate frontwards/backwards on each side.
- Beam Saber hilts can be optionally removed from the backpack as handheld weapons.
- Beam Rifle's foregrip & sensor can swing left and right.
- Bazooka can store onto the rear waist armor via a joint part.
- Shield can attach onto the backpack.
- The Gundam Hammer's chain is made of metal instead of plastic.
Tips & Tricks
- For better results, most of the details are needed to be applied/panel-lined with Gundam Markers/Mr. Color Paints.
- The Beam Saber effect parts from the SB-6 runner can be mounted onto the Beam Saber hilts.
- The hammer can be mounted onto the Bazooka adapter by rolling the chain onto it.
- Care must be taken while assembling the ball-jointed waist armors: depending on the thickness of your painted waist sockets, the ball joint can eventually create stress marks (or even worst; potential breakage) on the sockets. It's recommended to wipe off the excess paint on the sockets with a cotton swab doused with either thinner or the Gundam Marker Eraser pen's liquid.
- Main Article: HG Ver.G30th RX-78-2 Gundam/Variants
Notes & Trivia
- This was the first RX-78-2 Gundam kit designed after the 1/1 scale RX-78-2 Gundam statue, which has since become the standard design of other RX-78-2 Gundam kits.
- Although not included in the kit, the Beam Saber handles are compatible with clear beams from other High Grade kits.
- Although the kit was permanently discontinued, the Gunpla was re-released as HGGB Forever Gundam & the Gunpla Starter Set 2 kit.