The Master Grade (MG) RX-78-2 Gundam is a 1/100 scale kit released in 1995.
- RX-78-2 Gundam
- Beam Rifle
- 2 Beam Sabers
- 2 pairs of hands (2 relaxed, 2 fists)
- Core Fighter
- Core Block
- Detail runner (cement required)
- 1/100 Amuro Ray figurine
Kit features & Gimmicks
- Two different Antenna pieces (one single-colored PS piece, one Polycarbonate piece) can be chosen.
- Poseable manipulators feature 3+1+1 articulation on each finger(s).
- The Core Fighter that can convert into a Core Block, and a non-transforming Core Block that can combine with the Gundam.
- Beam Rifle's foregrip can swing left and right. It's sensor can only swing to one side.
- Bazooka can be mounted onto the rear waist armor via an opening latch.
- The Shield can attach onto the backpack.
- Features an opening canopy for the head, arms, body, & thighs.
- Includes a sprue of detail runners (referred as heavyuser parts
Tips & Tricks
- For better results, most/some of the details are needed to applied/panel lined with Gundam Markers and/or Mr. Color paints.
- HY2M MG 01's light-up RX-78-2 Gundam head can be used for this kit.
- The 2010s reissue used the 2006 SB-1 Beam Saber runner in place of the original Beam Saber runner.
- MG RX-78-3 Gundam "G-3" (1996)
- MG RGM-79 GM (1999)
- MG RX-78-2 Gundam (Ver. 1.5) (several runners)
- MG RX-78-2 Gundam (Crystal Ver.)
- MG RX-78-2 Gundam (Coating Ver.)
- MG RX-78/C.A. Casval's Gundam (Coating Ver.)
Notes & Trivia
- This kit was the first Master Grade released.
- The front left & right shoulder armors feature a pair of pre-applied decals: a U.N.T. Spacy logo & a red Unicorn logo.
- Most fans refer this kit as "Ver. 1.0"