"This item is a Prototype."
This article is a stub. You can help the Gunpla Wiki by expanding it.
The RX-78-2 Gundam is a 1/60 Scale Perfect Grade kit released in 1998.
- RX-78-2 Gundam
- 2 Beam Sabers
- Beam Rifle
- Transformable Core Fighter
- Core Block
- 1/60 Amuro Ray figurine (standing, sitting)
Kit Features & Gimmicks
- Head unit can light up.
- Arms and Legs feature double-jointed parts for wider ranger of articulation.
- Hip joints can tilt upwards/downwards on each piece.
- Manipulator fingers can move individually.
- Core Fighter or Core Block can combine with the Gundam.
- Head, Arms, Thighs, Shoulders, body, and the yellow pieces on the skirt armor hatches can open to reveal inner frame.
- Beam Saber hilts feature flip-out tabs for gripping stability.
- Beam Rifle can attach on or remove from the rear waist armor.
- Beam Rifle's muzzle-to-upper-stock can be folded down to reveal mechanical details.
Tips & Tricks
Notes & Trivia
- Second Perfect Grade kit (after the Perfect Grade Evangelion in 1997) released in Bandai's history. Upon this release, the Perfect Grade line would be exclusive to the Gundam franchise until 2017, when Bandai released the Perfect Grade 1/72 scale Millennium Falcon for the Star Wars model kit series.
- First Gunpla kit to use "Earth Federation Space Force (E.F.S.F.)" as the official moniker for the Earth Federation Forces.
- PG RX-78-2 Gundam (Chrome Metallic Ver.)
- PG RX-78/C.A. Casval's Gundam (Extra Finish Ver.)
- PG RX-78-2 Gundam (With Weapons & Animation Colors Ver.)
- PG RX-78-2 Gundam (Kunio Okawara Illustration Image Color)
- PG RX-78-3 Gundam "G-3" (Extra Finish Ver.)